Tuesday, February 23, 2010

To Grandmother's House We Go

Anna and I finally made it out of the house the other day. I got her all bundled up in a snow suit and blanket and rushed her the 100 ft. to my parents house. I'm definitely an overprotective mother. It felt good to get out of the house though.


Here is Anna taking the 1 mile trip to her other grandparents house. It was also an exciting adventure. She ended up crying most of the time, but they were still excited to see her.


We also had our first bath with no screaming last night. It was a momentous occasion. Anna has found it very amusing to look at herself in the mirror and this distracts her from the water. This is her with her cute towel.


Here is one of her smiling, I just really like it.


And here is one of Anna and Mark playing with a toy. They have their play time when Mark gets home from work every day. Anna gets all excited to see her daddy.


I know all I talk about is Anna, but she takes up most of my time. I have been able to keep up my exercising and eating right though. I lost 1.5 lbs last week, I was very excited. It's nice to see hard work paying off. I also found a great recipe for au gratin carrots. It is a good replacement for potatoes at a meal and a lot less calories. Here it is if anyone is interested. I'm not a huge fan of Rosemary so I only put in 1 tsp. the second time and it still came out really good, if you like it go ahead and put it all in. Mark prefers it that way.

Au Gratin Carrots
1 pound Carrots sliced 1/2 in. thick
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1 Tbs butter, melted
1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbs parsley
2 tsp. rosemary

Cook carrots in small amount of boiling water for aobut 10 minutes or until just tender, drain well. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter. In a medium bowl combing cooked carrots, soup, cheddar cheese, parsley, and rosemary. Spoon mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish(I use an 8x8 and it works fine) and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 350degrees for 25 minutes.

Well I hope everyone has a great day. I'll try to update more often, but Anna doesn't like sitting at the computer for the time being so it's hard to get on here.

3 comments:

  1. Heather, yes, you are being overprotective, but I think we all do that with first babies. I also think most parents focus their whole world around their first child for quite awhile and as more children come and as life moves on you naturally find yourself moving away from that. I really enjoy reading what you share here because it's fun to see what the new mom experience is like for you. You are doing a great job and Anna really is a cutie! I'm excited for when I can see her more often. Oh, and the recipe looks interesting. I might have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Mark and Anna is SO CUTE! Isn't it adorable how men turn all mushy for their little daughters?! I love it! Anna is seriously growing up! I love her "Anna" towel. She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I finally found your blog! I must say, little Anna is just a beauty! I can see why you glow everytime someone brings her up.....how could you not?! She's a perfect little angel!
    As far as being over-protective, it happens with all of us. Don't worry about it. I just shows that you love your little one.

    YAY!!! on the weight loss! I am still AMAZED at how AWESOME you look! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete