Monday, June 28, 2010

Cute Girls

Bret and Lori and their family came here for the weekend. Anna met her cousin Jenna for the first time, they are about 7 weeks apart. We all went to church on Sunday and Anna and Jenna were wearing the same outfit and we didn't even plan it. It was so adorable. I took a couple of cute pictures of them later on.


I love this one of Mark and Bret playing with their girls.




I also have another gardening tidbit. I'm sorry I keep talking about gardening, but I hope that I can use this as a reference for next year and maybe give some ideas to other people who enjoy gardening.

I thought I would interplant things this year. I knew that the broccoli was supposed to be done in June so I thought that maybe I could plant peppers and eggplant inbetween them because they aren't done until the end of summer. Well, the broccoli did great, but the eggplant and pepper barely grew. Here are some comparison shots of an eggplant and pepper I planted in a pot at the same time as the ones in the garden.

The Pepper


The Eggplant



I can think of two reasons for this happening. 1-they didn't get enough sun and 2-the broccoli pulled all of the nutrients from the soil because it was larger. We'll see if they grow big enough to give me a yield. It's good to know for the next year though, it may not be the best idea to plant these crops together.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new family picture at the top!! And that is so awesome that the girls were wearing the same outfit on Sunday--that is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures. Too bad they don't live closer...BEST COUSINS FOR LIFE

    ReplyDelete