Friday, June 25, 2010

Anna and Gardening

Anna had her sixth month appointment this week. She weighed 14lb. 12oz which put her in the 24%. She actually started moving up the curve, she was in the 19th 3 weeks ago. The doctor was very happy about that. Her length is 28in. which put her at >97%. I wish I had her problem of being tall and skinny:) Her head measurement was 44.3 which put her in the 89%. Overall she is doing very well. She didn't even cry much for her shots, she must take after me:)

Anna loves reading with her daddy, they try to have story time every night.


I had to throw some pictures of my garden on here. I am so proud of it this year. I did a lot of research on the best way to grow tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, and cabbage. My broccoli and cabbage are almost done and I need to take a picture of them before they got picked. If anyone has any questions on how to grow broccoli or cabbage let me know, because they are kind of tricky. We ate some last night along with some lettuce that I picked and it was absolutely wonderful. All the hard work paid off.




Here is a picture of my ginormous tomato plant. It's like two feet tall already, that's almost bigger than any of my tomato plants last year. All of my tomatoes are doing really well, but this one is doing the best.



Sorry for all the rambling on about my garden, I'm just so happy with it this year. I also picked about a pound of strawberries today so I'm very excited-strawberry shortcake tonight-yeah!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for gardening! I've had tons of strawberries too- aren't they good? I'll have to hear what pointers you have for broccoli if I ever get a chance to grow a vegetable garden. You'll have to talk to Melissa, she's got some broccoli going and she's unsure about what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one thing I haven't planted and wished I did.....strawberries!! Enjoy them - I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden looks so great!! You are going to have to teach me all your tricks...someday...when I have room to plant a garden! :)

    ReplyDelete