Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm Back!

Okay, so it's been a crazy few months. I think things are finally start to slow down again to normal pace, which is good because I don't think I would have lasted much longer. I'm going to make a few short blog posts over the next couple of weeks highlighting some of the good times I had over the last little bit.

Probably the most exhilarating thing I did in June was go on the bobsled run at the Olympic Park in Park City. It's the same course that was used in the Olympics and it only cost a small fortune to ride on it. I wasn't going to do it, but Mark convinced me by saying "it was a once in a lifetime chance." I responded by saying "it's only an hour from our house, we could do this any time we wanted to." I lost the argument because he said that we've lived nearby for 10 years and haven't made it there yet.

I really thought I might die. The bobsled was going at 70mph and those curves are awfully close together. I like how the training video said you may experience nausea, vomiting, cuts, bruises, and back pain. I didn't get any cuts or bruises, but I did feel a little nauseous and I think every bone in my neck was shaking independently of each other. After it was all said and done however, I thought it was totally awesome. We didn't tip over which was a major plus.( I made sure to ask every employee we passed how often they tipped over. I kept getting the same response-it never happens on the summer course, only in the winter. I guess it goes about 10mph faster in the winter.) It was totally exhilarating and I would probably do it again except for the fact that it costs a small fortune to ride on it. Here are some pictures to prove that I actually did ride an Olympic bobsled course.

The start of the course.


Our official time. We were the fastest on the course that day, but came in second because we only had one person pushing us at the start.



The three insane people going on the bobsled.(myself, Mark, and my niece Janelle)


Me wondering what the heck I'm getting myself into.


We survived

1 comment: